[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Shape fusion speed
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Shape fusion speed

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Shape fusion speed

Postby Gatto » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:39 pm

My experience with shape fusion ..

- Interpolating add (sometime unuseful) data and slow down shape fusion
- Consider a timer to move the laser, this will give you more data about object and avoid interpolation
- consider using manual alignment instead of a lot of similar scan with auto alignment
- consider not to align one scan with sequent one for 360 deg but divide scans into 2 sets. First align each set and after grouping them align manually the 2 sets

horse project is for download here http://www.gatto.com/horse.zip

that's a good example on how is possible to obtain acceptable result with poor scans ...

Gatto
Attachments
horse.jpg
Gatto

Re: Shape fusion speed

Postby velleca55 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:55 am

Very nice ... but not understand so well what you mean ... (my English is terrible) ... :wink: ...

But very nice ... compliments ...

velleca55

Postby GoogleTibor » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Gatto

Tibor
Pc Hardware : AMD Sepron 2800 2.1 GHz 1 GB RAM
Cam : Microszoft LifeCam VX- 6000
Laser : 5 Mw Red pointer glass pole you are green laser Mattia timer clock
humanticnc
GoogleTibor

Postby velleca55 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:45 am

Hi Google Tibor ... is the second file I see of you with a quadrangulated mesh ... the dog and now that horse ...

You make that in RHINO ?... with the function "quad mash" ?

My answer is because I'm using the a retoplogy in Zbrush, but not come quadrangulated ... only if I remake the mesh by hand ... and when I'd try in Rhino not work well ...

The quadrangulated mesh I see in Rhino how you arrive in it ?... First you make some passage in Meshlab or Geomagic ?...

In the first photo an old mesh I'd made months ago only for test and full with holes ... and in the second with some passage in ArtCAM and reintroduction on ZBrush ... but not yet quadrangulated ...

All 'cause I want to sculpt on the scan meshs ...

Attachments
Arlecchino ZBrush - ArtCAM (Medium).jpg
MWSnap DONATO - 3D - 15-01-2009,04_05_32.jpg
velleca55

Postby GoogleTibor » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:10 pm

http://forum.artcam.com/viewtopic.php?t=5755
You work very actively and nicely !!
GoogleTibor
Pc Hardware : AMD Sepron 2800 2.1 GHz 1 GB RAM
Cam : Microszoft LifeCam VX- 6000
Laser : 5 Mw Red pointer glass pole you are green laser Mattia timer clock
humanticnc
GoogleTibor

Postby velleca55 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Here is my "home" forum ... :D ... http://www.cncitalia.net/forum/viewtopi ... =19&t=5779 ...

velleca55

Return to Shape Fusion