Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Decimating with texture? Simplifying texture after fusion?

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Decimating with texture? Simplifying texture after fusion?

Postby WP2016 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Hello,

I have some questions for textured shape fusion. Hope someone kind would answer.

After shapefusion David saves the mesh in an obj and png and mtl files. I am wondering

1) how the size of the obj and png files may be reduced without losing the association? and
2) how the obj file can be edited with the png file still apply after the edits.

It seems to me that the PNG file still contains some overlapping of textures and could be cleaned with less information (yet still matches the model).

I am not sure if David could handle this alone. If a third software is required, which one is recommended?

Thanks for the kind response!
Projector: Acer K132 + 1/2/4/10 X closeup dai. 52 mm.
Camera: Grasshopper 3 GS3-U3-28S4C-C (@ 1600 X 1200, 30 fps); Lens: 8-50 mm F/1.4.
Computer: USB 3.0, CPU: 2.6-3.5 GHz, GPU: 3G NVidia 970M, 32G RAM.
WP2016

Return to Shape Fusion