Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Fusion issues on large files and loss of scans/scan groups w

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Fusion issues on large files and loss of scans/scan groups w

Postby evox » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Is there a difference in the way david4 handles scan grouping in 64bit vs. 32bit windows?
I created my project in david4 64. Opening it in david4-32 there is missing groups of scans. Is this a limitation of david4-32?

I’ve been having trouble with a 40+ scan project (car underbody) and attempting .6mm vertex spacing (4000 setting)- the red ‘fusing’ bar will fill up and then the software will hard crash (console points to bad memory read/write). I’ve been attempting everything I can think of to get around this limitation…forcing a discrete graphics card, increasing page file size, closing extra programs. Fusing at 250 works but the result is poor.

Is there a good rule of thumb for computer specs? Can david4 work around RAM limitations? Is it possible to estimate how much ram/file size/etc should be required based on # of scans+camera resolution+calibration corner size?

Thanks
Andrew
Scanning + reverse engineering cars and car parts
David4, Imaging Source DMK 23UM021, Computar 12mm lens, Acer K335, Aluminum honeycomb calibration panels
Arizona, USA
evox

Re: Fusion issues on large files and loss of scans/scan grou

Postby drndadoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:35 am

Only 10 years ago, somewhere in AMD Duron era we were unable to rotate 3D cube made of 100x100x100 vertices (1.000.000). You needed to wait for a few minutes for screen to refresh. Seems like only thing you can do is to reorganize project and make less scans, or to right click on scan in list to then choose "reduce mesh density" or to wait for more powerful computers.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Shape Fusion