Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

2 SUGGESTIONS

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

2 SUGGESTIONS

Postby MayCrown » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Dear Sven,

2 things needed I think.

1) To get precision --> Slowing the rotation and translation movements of single scans during manual alignment process, while manually placing one scan on another. Blender uses Shift button to slow down movement,

2) Wireframe mode --> Again for manually aligning two scans sometimes we need to see through the other scan.

These 2 will boost up the already legendary ShapeFusion.

Best regards,
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/MayCrown
MayCrown

Postby hal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:47 am

Hello MayCrown,

If I got the right meaning of your second question, let me to suggest to press "P" keyboard shortcut. You should toggle the polygon mode and see the meshes with solid shading, only edges and only vertex.

Hope this helps,
Mattia
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

Re: 2 SUGGESTIONS

Postby MayCrown » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 am

Thank you very much Maestro, that helped me much

It's the first time I've seen this option and that is great!

Alright, can I go as far as to suggest putting a Fill button, dear Sven&Simon?
MayCrown

Postby MayCrown » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:33 am

And hiding the portion of scans to avoid accidentally erasing wanted polygons elsewhere
MayCrown

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:40 am

MayCrown wrote:Alright, can I go as far as to suggest putting a Fill button, dear Sven&Simon?

Sorry, I don't understand, what does the "Fill button" do?
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:41 am

MayCrown wrote:And hiding the portion of scans to avoid accidentally erasing wanted polygons elsewhere

You can hide or show any scans using the "eye" buttons in the Scan List. Or what did you mean?

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:43 am

MayCrown wrote:1) To get precision --> Slowing the rotation and translation movements of single scans during manual alignment process, while manually placing one scan on another. Blender uses Shift button to slow down movement,

Hmm I have never missed that. You should not try to align the scans perfectly by mouse. The recommended procedure for manual alignment is to do it approximately, then use "Pairwise Fine Registration" to make it perfect.

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby MayCrown » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:50 am

Hello dear sven,

1) fill button: should be used to fill a specific hole in the mesh, not all holes as fusion process do.

2) sorry for not making myself clear. Again, speaking of just hiding a chosen part of a single scan, not a whole scan.

3) but for very small scale, I zoom in on the mesh and I see a little gap which will turn out to be a scar in the fusion result. Now I know the pairwise fine registration will do a good job, but pairwise has its limits too and for pairwise working perfectly, I must put the scan in a position near perfect, because I see pairwise is affected by the initial position.

Best regards
MayCrown

Postby Artisan S » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:10 am

A solo function (like in a audio mixing desk) would also be helpfull......especially during cleaning....now I have to click twice.....and mouseclicks are expensive and I a lazy SOB (or I like to work efficient)....

Greets, Ed.
Artisan S

Return to Shape Fusion