Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

How to open a saved fusion

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

How to open a saved fusion

Postby KNSCI » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi there, just managed to scan, clean, and nicely align 12 scans.
Got the fuses at 250, 500, and 700. Now trying to compare all 3 on screen and can't figure out how to do it.
Tried opening the .png files but they show the scans, not the fusion result.
Tried double clicking the .obj files and telling the PC to use David 3 to open them, and David opens but does not display the fusion I had double clicked. Nothing shows. I clicked the eyeball icon and "show fusion" and still a blank screen.
Ideas? Thanks!
KNSCI

Re: How to open a saved fusion

Postby WalterMo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Go to Shape Fusion.
Click at 'List of Scans' on the '+' (Top right).
Upload your first fusion. Then in the same way the other ones. They will have different colors but they will lay precisely one above the other. So you must separate them on the screen for comparison:
Click with the left mouse button on the name of the first scan. It will be red highlighted and a hook will be set.
Hold the 'Ctrl' key down, go with the mouse pointer on the scan(s), press the left mouse button and shift the first scan from the other ones. Remove the hook in the list.
Do the same with second scan. And so on.

With the right mouse button you can rotate all scans (together). If you want to do it with only one of them so set a hook at its file name and press the 'Ctrl' key during rotation.

PS. With the '-' sign you can remove a scan from the list (and from the screen). :wink:
The PNG file shows the texture of the scan (if it was captured). You can switch it on and off by e.g. pressing the 't' key. Or more official, with the rainbow symbol below 'Visibility'.

Edit: You can upload the 3 scans in one go. Mark them before.
WalterMo

Postby KNSCI » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Many Thanks, WalterMo;
The steps you listed are very helpful! It's taking me some time to get used to this interface/method of working with the scans/fuse results.
Thanks too for the tips on how to work with the results on screen.
I just followed the same steps with another fusion result and it looks like the fusion result when View is set to Show Scans. When I change it to Show Fusion, the scans disappear and the screen is blank.
KNSCI

Postby WalterMo » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:47 pm

KNSCI wrote:I just followed the same steps with another fusion result and it looks like the fusion result when View is set to Show Scans. When I change it to Show Fusion, the scans disappear and the screen is blank.

You can only toggle between 'Show Fusion' and 'Show Scans' if both is available for DAVID. If the aligned scans are fused and saved as one object file and you upload the fusion later on, DAVID treat it as a scan.

If you have aligned the scans and like to test different resolutions for a fusion you can switch back to 'Show scans' and start another fusion. But of course the single scans must be present in Shape Fusion.
WalterMo

Postby KNSCI » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:25 am

Vielen Dank, WalterMo;
that makes things clearer.
Also thanks for your patient, clear replies as I learn the software and hardware and start to get an inkling of the art of 3D scanning.
KNSCI

Return to Shape Fusion