Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Selection lost if one scan is turned off

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Selection lost if one scan is turned off

Postby testae » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Hello everybody,
I am having serious trouble with reworking my scans in the latest version of David. For my work textures are of vital importance. To get a good texture quality I delete areas where scans are overlapping. My regular workflow was: both scans are visible, then I select the area to delete, turn off the visibility for the scan that is not to be deleted and klick delete to delete the selected area. However in the latest version of David if I turn off the visibility for only one scan in a whole list of scans all selections disappear!!! Is there any chance to avoid that? Please help me!
Best,
Alex
testae

Re: Selection lost if one scan is turned off

Postby MagWeb » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 am

This seems to be a bug in the current version. Same here too - and alredy reported in the bug section.

Unfortunately DAVIDs download section moved to another address , so most of the older download links in this forum are dead.
The only thing you could do is to do the cleaning in 3.9.0 (can not remember if that bug was there too-don't think so). Here I found a working link:
http://downloads.david-3d.com/DAVID_3.9.0.3959_beta2.zip
MagWeb

Postby Bobby » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:49 am

Yep. Me too - same problem. Makes it much harder to get rid of redundant or noisy data that overlaps good data.
Bobby

Postby Sven » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi & Thanks for reporting,
This was also posted in section "Bug Report" here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5829
We have fixed it for the next version - coming soon (but not next week)

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Shape Fusion