Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by the end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Shape Fusion Download?

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Shape Fusion Download?

Postby jharrison » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:21 am

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but not the world of 3D. I have a BFA in Digital Media and Animation, and I currently work @ High Moon Studios (San Diego, CA) as a Motion Capture Animator.

I caught sight of this system about a week ago, and I've been losing a little sleep each night either looking forward to it's potential, reading everyone's trials and tips here on the forums, or just toying with it myself.

My plan is to construct a full 3D model of a Todd McFarlane action figure, push it into zBrush for any detail that may have been lost, rig it in Maya, and throw some MoCap on it...and who knows, maybe I'll even get some tests running within the Unreal 3 engine (but this process is already going to take long enough, so we'll see ;) )

Anyway, I have scanned a few objects (and I am still working out the kinks of my process), but one thing I noticed was that there is talk about Shape Fusion having a free trial, though I don't see it in the download section or anywhere else.

Am I blind, or is this only for purchase now?

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers,

-J
jharrison

Postby MagWeb » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:32 am

Hi, welcome

A Shapefusion is included in the DAVID download.

You enter Shapefusion following the workflow of DAVID simply clicking "Next" till you enter the window with the subtitle "3D Shape Fusion"(ignoring the warning in the scanning window if you have not calibrated a cam).
But for Shapefusion-trial you are not able to save your align- or fusionresult.

bye
Gunter
MagWeb

Postby jharrison » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:25 pm

Wow, ok. I was just saving out the .OBJ and not continuing on to the next step...oops!

Thanks, gunter 8)
jharrison

Return to Shape Fusion