Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

No texture after "close holes" loadable

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

No texture after "close holes" loadable

Postby AlexNoir » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Hey!

I've a interessting problem - I tried it 5 times. I've a object (really big (1,5x0,9x0,9m) object). One side is open (bottom - because it's not scanable). Scan fusion is all okay - after fusion and holes closed everthing is looking fine. The bottom is like a bubble - but okay that's normal I know. (btw I also had a other big object - 1,70x0,5x0,3m - there were bottom and back not scanable - and I had no problem with these)

The texture is nomaly in a low quality visible, okay - I saved the model - all data are there .OBJ - .PNG and .MTL - But I'm not able to load the model WITH texture in meshlab and DAVID again (still without) - also when I want to resave it in meshlab again it seems like that it have no material (.MTL) information. So - now I saved the unclosed version with holes and everthing workes fine, I get the model with texture in Meshlab and DAVID.

So two questions of solving the ploblem :) :

1. What is happen with DAVID? How can I save the texture? Is there a problem with the .MTL file?

2. Maybe I can transfer the texture to a hole closed model from Meshlab? I save the model in both ways - hole closed and with holes - then I close the holes in Meshlab and transfer the adapted texture from the other model to this one? Or can I load the .MTL file seperatly? It's saved - but it doesn't load it.

Please help!

Alex
AlexNoir

Re: No texture after "close holes" loadable

Postby AlexNoir » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Okay - I solved the problem on my own :D

The complete important information of this problem is: DO NEVER USE Ä Ö or Ü :D - I had to go into the OBJ and MTL files (it was not easy to find a free programm which is able to manage files over 1Gb) and change the names - now it's super! :D

Alex
AlexNoir

Re: No texture after "close holes" loadable

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Alex,
Thanks for the report, and big thanks for the solution :D
I have implemented a check in DAVID. When saving with texture, it will replace non-ascii characters by "_" in the filename. Will be in next version.
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Shape Fusion