Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Can I change the 3d coordinates after Fusion?

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Can I change the 3d coordinates after Fusion?

Postby Lilikoi » Sun May 05, 2013 1:03 am

Hallo everyone,

the problem for me is that:

I have got a nice 3D-Model after Shape Fusion and saved it as a Obj.datum.

Then i want to use my 3D-Printer to print it, but the problem is, the coordinates from the 3D datum is vertical to the coordinates of my Printer. I use pronterface to the Printer
That means the Model rotation vertical 90°. It happed not only to my own datum, also to the samples, that i have download from here.

It should print from bottom to top, not from one side. for example the DAVID-Angel. The underside is flat, it has no details und can make the complete object fixed. But from one side, is the wing, it's full of details and slim, can't shore the whole object.

Is there a software or a setting, that i can solve the problem.

Sorry, my english is not good, i hope you can understand me.
Thanks a lot
Lilikoi

Re: Can I change the 3d coordinates after Fusion?

Postby dangre » Sun May 05, 2013 1:30 am

Lilikoi,
I would use the free program http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/to rotate your .obj file. You can also scale, smooth, and reduce the mesh with MeshLab. Most printer software will allow you to rotate, scale, etc. but I am not familiar with your program. Your English is very good.
Dan
DAVID-CAM-1-C, Acer K11, Macro lenses for K11, Logitech Pro 9000, EOS 40D
dangre

Postby Lilikoi » Sun May 05, 2013 3:05 pm

dangre wrote:Lilikoi,
I would use the free program http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/to rotate your .obj file. You can also scale, smooth, and reduce the mesh with MeshLab. Most printer software will allow you to rotate, scale, etc. but I am not familiar with your program. Your English is very good.

thanks very much for your help. I will try to learn to use the Meshlab. Maybe the printer software-pronterface can also rotate the model, but i don't know how to set it
Lilikoi

Postby dangre » Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm

http://www.netfabb.com/ is also another program that is useful for 3D printing.
Dan
DAVID-CAM-1-C, Acer K11, Macro lenses for K11, Logitech Pro 9000, EOS 40D
dangre

Return to Shape Fusion