Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

programm collapse during fusion

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

programm collapse during fusion

Postby AlexNoir » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 am

Hello!
After I joined three recording complex and saved as block, I loaded all three together and wanted all together. Now ever appear this error message and the program will collapse. What can I do about that? I can't finish the object. I use Version 3.4 and have the USB one.

Alex

Shapefusionerror.jpg
AlexNoir

Re: programm collapse during fusion

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello Alex,
Do you still have that problem? Maybe the scan files are too big for your computer...
Does the error occur during alignment or fusion?
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby AlexNoir » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Hello Sven!

It is the horror - at the first weeks with the USB-Stick - all was fine - during the last two the point of break comes more and more faster. On the picture which I've posted there're 32 Scans (wich I'd align with the texture function) - today it was impossible to align TWO (!) Scans with the Texture function. The Scanfun is away - when the program is beaking down I've to calibrate everything and to restart all scans. I think my system should be big enought: 2Ghz QuadCore (ca 7-8Ghz) Graphiccard with 1 Gb, 4Gb Ram (also 4 more is on the hard drive) and Windows Vista 64x. Is that not enought? What could I do? The software is going to hangs itself - to the full beak down during the aligment. How I'd told: The first week the DAVID was using well.

What should I do?

Alex
AlexNoir

Postby Sven » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Alex,
Sorry to hear about the crashes. It would be helpful to know what has changed since your first week.

About losing data: After calibration is completed (camera, then projector), you should close DAVID. It will save the calibration and all settings.
Also you should save each scan as OBJ file. You can do that directly after scanning, or after you have collected a few scans in the "List of Scans", you can save them all there.

You can also save all scans individually after alignment, so they will be saved in their aligned positions and orientations.
Then start Fusion. If it crashes, you can simply restart and load the OBJ files.

It would be interesting to know if the problem also appears with scans without textures. You can remove the textures (for testing, don't save) in the List of Scans (select all, click right mouse button, then "Remove texture").
Sometimes the fusion of textures has difficulties when a scan is extremely flat (has no depth).

Hope this helps you and brings back the fun!
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby AlexNoir » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Hey all!

I think I solved the problem now. I don´t want to advertise, but since I´ve TuneUp and check all with them the problem didn´t came back. Also the "Turbo-Option" is really helpfull to concentrate the computer-power on the scanning.

Thnak you again for your answers :)

Alex
AlexNoir

Postby cave men » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey,

I got similar problems while fusing. Has DAVID some restrictions regarding the number of scans or the data volume used in one fusion process? I'm trying to shape a stack of 55 scans with a total size of ~700 MB. The shape aborts randomly without any error massage or something. Sometimes a restart of the PC helps to get similar jobs done afterwards. But this time two restarts weren't able to solve the problem yet. I'll try some more restarts tomorrow, but thats quite long-winded, espacially in loading all the scans every time.

Greetings
cave men

Postby cave men » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 am

Sorry, forgot to give some important informations:

- scans were done without texture
- tried to fuse with resolutions between 300-700 (no refinement, no close holes)
- machine is a i7-2600 @3,4 GHz, 12 GB RAM, GeForce 405 512 MB
- got a bunch of overlapping areas, sometimes 5 or more overlapping parts of scans
- David Version 3.5.1
cave men

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,

It's probably out of memory.
Please try with the new version 3.7.0 beta: viewtopic.php?t=5480

In general, it can help to re-start DAVID before such a memory-consuming task. This avoids memory fragmentation.

Also, we are making good progress toward a 64-bit version, which should avoid these problems :-)

Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Postby cave men » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:44 am

Great! I tried fusion with the 3.7.0 beta and it worked well. I also did some crazy testing at 1000 resolution. Had a crash of the fusion there, but after restarting DAVID, it worked too.

Thanks for the help!
cave men

Return to Shape Fusion