Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

trial limitations

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

trial limitations

Postby Bourne23 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi i can't find anything about the trial limitations, is it just a 30 day test version or is there just an limitation in the functinalaty or is it otherwise regulated. I realy cant find any actual informations about that.

Thank You and best regards Dr. prof. Harnisch
Bourne23

Re: trial limitations

Postby WalterMo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

With the free version you can scan up to the highest resolution of the camera (laser or structured light) but you can save the single scans only at 320 x 240 pixels. Then you can reload the single scans, align and fuse them, but it's not possible to save the fused result.

There is no time limit. :)

Walter
WalterMo

Postby Bourne23 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Hello,
ok that menas that not only the ShapeFusion is an trial software also the David Laserscanner softwear is an trial version!? Because i can only save scans with low pixels !?
What about the "real world size" will the right dimensons scaled?

And on your download page you wrote "david -laserscanner FREE Edition" ,

"This is an installer for the latest version of DAVID-laserscanner Free Edition,
including the trial edition of DAVID-Shapefusion.
The calibration patterns are included as PDF and CDR files."

on this point i feel a littel bit fooled. It's ok that you take money for this softwear but you must explain it a littel bit better. And if you write Free its not the whole truth, i think its only merketing.
Now i have orderd expensiv hardware and thougt i could decide later if i want to buy the Shapefusion, but now i feel urged to buy this softwear, ok i will do so but i feel al littel bit fooled and not good informed.

Pleas think about it.

Thank You and best regards Dr. prof. Harnisch
Bourne23

Postby WalterMo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Hello Dr. Prof. Harnisch,

I want to clarify: This is the DAVID forum and it is independent of DAVID Vision Systems. All members, including the moderators don't earn any money for their work, it's simply their hobby.

If you feel cheated, then complain to DAVID Vision Systems and don't give vent to your's displeasure here.
http://www.david-vision-systems.de/index.php/contact

Nobody press you to buy the DAVID license. Simply download DAVID 3.2.0 and test it with your expensive hardware, no problem. You can even use all features of the Shape Fusion as long as you don't like to save something at a high resolution.

Best regards,

WalterMo
WalterMo

Postby Simon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:03 am

Hello Dr. Prof. Harnisch,

I'm sorry that you had other expectations about the capabilities of the Free Edition. Please have a look at http://www.david-laserscanner.com/?section=Buy . Here you can find a comparision between "Free Edition", "Pro Edition", and "Pro USB Edition".

Bourne23 wrote:What about the "real world size" will the right dimensons scaled?

The scaling and dimensions are always correct, regardless of the resolution.

Best regards
Simon
Simon
DAVID Developer

Return to Shape Fusion