Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Precise Alignment

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Precise Alignment

Postby benoy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 am

Hi All,

I sorry for reposting. I was unable to attach my diagrams in the earlier post.
Please see the diagrams. The first one is the shape of the object scanned. It is U shaped. It is about 8 Cm in lenth and width and about 2.3 Cm in height.

The next 2 pictures show the assembly from top and side. Now I Will come to my problem.
I keep my turn table at an angle to the Camera Projector assembly to get the depth of the object scanned. I get beautiful scans. But when I try to align them one side aligns well but the other side shows a slight mal-alignment. I repeatedly get this. I tried angle based alignment I also tried to align in Geomagicwrap but again I am getting the same result. I think it is because of the change in distance between point A to camera and that of Point B to the Camera. How can I over come this limitation? I need help from the forum.

Thankyou

Benoy

My projector is LG 301
Camera is Image source FA 301
processor i3
4 Gb Ram
windows 7
Attachments
Approx scan Object shape.gif
Shape of the object scanned
Approx scan Object shape.gif (10.9 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
Scan assembly top view.gif