[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - please help aligning
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

please help aligning

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

please help aligning

Postby mipu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

i did a 360-scan with my rotating table of my glasses. the scans are great but i have a problem aligning them. please have a look at the picture. i do not know how to get these scans aligned properly and i do not understand why this causes trouble in fusion. please help and have a nice day.

aligning.jpg
windows 7 quadcore, benq beamer, canon dslr, automatic rotating table.
mipu

Re: please help aligning

Postby mipu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 am

thinking about my problem with aligning i have another question: is it important to have the camera and the rotating table both absolutly horizontal? beside of the fact that sometimes this could be hard to achive i would think that this is not important as long as the object does not change its position on the table. the aligning function should match the seperate parts anyway if the "free-aligning" method is used.

is this true? please let me know what you think.
mipu

Postby hal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello,
the problem with your scans is that the surface of every scan is very similar to the next one, except in the edges. David have problems do recognize them. Next time, I suggest to put little markers on the surface, just to have peculiar shapes to use as reference.
Please, try to send me the file and I'll try to do the aligning for you. I prefer to "touch" the problem first to say something.
You can compress the scans and send to my mail using a free hosting service like WeTransfer.

Mattia
hal

Re: please help aligning

Postby mipu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 am

hi matthia, thanx for your nice offer - after having some time yesterday with the 62 update, messing up my settings, multirebooting deinstalling and reinstalling back to 60 i did another scan with the glasses and this time david fused it perfectly.

have a nice day!
mipu

Return to Shape Fusion