Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Constraining Shapefusion to get more accurate results.

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Constraining Shapefusion to get more accurate results.

Postby shoesam » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Hello All,

OK......struggling with how to get the results I want with Poisson fusions.....

I scan something sitting on a table, and get decent results.( think of a Vase or a bottle) The bottom of the object has a slightly rounded transition ( it curves a bit underneath, where it sits on the table.

Say my table is 15cm by 15cm square.....so I know its exact size....

I IMPORT another mesh, which is flat and also 15cm x 15cm.....and I align it ti the scanned table top.

I then trim carefully around the interface of both the Bottle/Table, and am left with 2 meshes, that now are separated by a very small distance ( 3-4mm)

When I use ShAPEFUSION, the flat bottom does take on a rounded feeling.....when I thought I could control this effect by minimizing the distance of the gap between the 2 meshes.....

anybody point me in a direction to acheive this without being a Blender/Meshcompleter/meshlab expert?

thankyou,

Sam
shoesam

Re: Constraining Shapefusion to get more accurate results.

Postby shoesam » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Figured it out myself!

simply increasing the mesh density of the flat mesh will keep it better constrained during shapefusion.

How come that took me so long to figure out?

Sam
shoesam

Return to Shape Fusion