Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by the end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Giulia's head

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Giulia's head

Postby hal » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:38 pm

salve a tutti,

this is a sculpture by Filippo (just a little broke) of the head of his sister, Giulia. It was scanned in 20' approx, 800x600 at 15 fps, b/w mode, one single laser brushing (from up to down).
material: clay
dimension: real measure.
Thanks FILIPPO, my friend, and thanks to your beuautiful sister!

here are some problems with ShapeFusion: when i loaded all scans (first i've aligned them, couple by couple) if i try to fuse with poisson at 600= david crash! i try with 400 and, after several minutes, you can see results in the images. but poisson doesn't work very good: many deformations! i try to use Simple mode, but it is impossible: with all mesh loaded david crash only at 256 res in simple mode. horrible!! :evil:

i tried to fuse only 2 or 3 scans and after, on it, fuse others, but results are very inaccurate. i think shapefusion can be improved much.
(questions: is it possible, in the next david generation, to colorize the gray image, in scanning time, with a uniform contrast colour? sometimes it is impossible to see what happens in window whan we scan - when pixel appear like white. is it possible to move and rotate objects in 3d viewport with a GIZMO? like in maya, 3dstudio max, blender... we can manually adjust our scans better)

thanks and bye
Attachments
Giulia.jpg
giulia_1.jpg
Last edited by hal on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

Postby Bongobat » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:59 pm

Great job! Im envious of you having access to such great works of art :D
Keep up the good work!

A Gizomo is needed. You can constrain to one axis which is very important. I was going to ask for a plugin for the Spacenavigator but thought it too much work right now. http://www.3dconnexion.com/ It is a really cool and inexpensive. Maybe support in the future!
DealExtreme red line laser, Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000
Bongobat

Postby hal » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:10 am

salve,

hi bongobat. thanks. I already bought, time ago, the space navigator. great tool! see you at next scan (congratulation for your toy robot's scan, very clean and complete).

bye
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

Re: Giulia's head

Postby jc5474 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Regarding the space navigator, I do not see drivers for David. Does it still work with David?
thank you
jc5474

Return to Shape Fusion