[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Strategies to fuse
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Strategies to fuse

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Strategies to fuse

Postby MagWeb » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 am

MagWeb

Re: Strategies to fuse

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:37 pm

Sven
DAVID Developer

shapefusing

Postby hal » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:00 pm

salve a tutti,

good work to all! now david may have a great future.

reading sven's reply, a questuion: i can save, after align, the single mesh aligned, but how can i save a group of mesh, in one clik?

time ago i wrote about a tool for moving and rotate object in 3d vewport of shapefusion. for moving ok, thanks for reply, but i think can be usefull a similar tool for rotete mesh in the scene. this can be reduce the "fine registration" process and relative errors.

thanks and bye
hal

Postby MagWeb » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:52 am

Hi Hal

-if you have alligned (and grouped) ALL loaded meshes, click "save", choose " as single file" and enter.
-if you have alligned (and grouped) only four out of five( or more), erase the fith and store as above.

Umpf- I´m at Mac-OS- can´t start David but if I remember right:
Click LMB at scan to select
STRG+LMB = Move the selected scan
STRG+RMB = Rotate the selected scan

And giottos campanile - still standing?

Gunter
Last edited by MagWeb on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagWeb

weight of scans

Postby MagWeb » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:24 am

@ S&S:

Imagine:
If I ´ve a wonderfull scan and a necessary but rather bad scan ( for I get this surface only out of a bad intersection angle) is this method a possibility to strengthen the weight of the wonderfull one:
Loading the wonderfull scan two ( or more) times and grouping them. After this is done, loading the bad one only once and fuse.

Will the quantity a scan is loaded affect the weight while fusing?

bye
Gunter
MagWeb

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:36 pm

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the quantity will not affect the fusion result.
In fusion, the data are stored in a binary 3d array, it should not make a difference how often one scan is added.

EDIT 2007-10-24, 12:35:
Sorry, I was wrong... :oops: I've talked to Simon who knows the fusion algorithms much better than I do. The quantity SHOULD affect the fusion result, so yes, Gunter, your idea should work. Have you tried it?
Sven
DAVID Developer

I didn't know that

Postby erniej » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 pm

I didn't know that I can use CTRL + LMB and CTRL + RMB to rotate and move individual scaned objects after I do an "arrangement". I was going crazy trying to lign up the scans for a model of a 1957 Ford I was doing. Aligning scans after cleaning up bad linking was a real pain in the ass also. This is beautiful. What a program.

erniej
erniej

just a follow up

Postby erniej » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:39 pm

erniej

Return to Shape Fusion