[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Tips for Working with Shapefusion
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Tips for Working with Shapefusion

The place for all topics related to the 'Shapefusion' tool of DAVID.

Tips for Working with Shapefusion

Postby eliscio » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:41 am

Hello All,

I recently scaled up my calibration grid so now I can scan larger objects about 0.5m^2 (more or less). I did this torso and cranked up the smoothness settings. Overall, the individual scans were pretty good, but when I fused them together, I always get "bumps" or lines where the scans meet.

Do you have any tips on how to really get a clean, fused scan?

Attached is an image of a mannequin that I scanned earlier today and you'll see the lines on the body.

Thanks

Eugene
Attachments
Mannequin.jpg
Mannequin.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
www.ai2-3d.com
eliscio

Postby hal » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 am

Hello Eugene,

from my experience with Shapefusion, these junction lines and bumps appears only in two matched cases: when the borders of the scans aren't perfectly complanar (not a perfectly aligned) and with too much high value of Fusion parameter. In this case seems that ShapeFusion interpret the irregular borders of every single scans as a detail, so it preserve these errors like a real detail of the object.
If the alignment is perfect and there aren't gaps or crossing surfaces between a scan and others, with the right value of fusion, in relation of the scans trinagle density, all goes fine.

Do you have cleaned the borders of every single scans before to fuse? It can help...
Bye,
Mattia
hal

Re: Tips for Working with Shapefusion

Postby eliscio » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Salve Mattia,

Well, this is what I was thinking...if I go back and delete the borders of each individual scan, then they might fuse a bit better. When I tested this, I think it definitely helps. There are a combination of things I need to improve in my scan though because I am still using a red (cheap) laser. I actually pulled it out of the level and mounted it in a hand held flashlight. I think it works better this way.

So, the higher the Fuse parameter, the higher the level of detail?
www.ai2-3d.com
eliscio

Postby hal » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:02 pm

hal

Postby Francois » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:47 pm

Francois

Postby Simon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Simon
DAVID Developer