Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

DAVID does not connect to my camera

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

DAVID does not connect to my camera

Postby hglab » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:59 pm

when i try to select my camera ready for callibration an error box pops up saying that there is and unhandled exception and that the external commponent has thrown an exception. the camera im using is u eye UI-1460-UM. any ideas as to why this might be?
thanks henry
hglab

Postby hal » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi and welcome hglab,

sorry but I can't find your camera specifications on the web.

-It support the wdm drivers?
-Have you installed the latest driver of the camera?
-Have you installed the Microsoft NET Framework 2.0?

Probably with more info about your problem and about your hardware, we can better help you...

Mattia
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

Postby Hervé » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am

can you see your cam in this listing...?

http://damien.douxchamps.net/ieee1394/cameras/
Hervé

Postby aaevans » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Guys thanks for the questions

The camera is one of the uEye series from a German company IDS
http://www.ids-imaging.de/?&changeLang=e

Herve: It isn't in the list but I wouldn't expect it to be because it is USB 2 not firewire

.net 2 is good and the driver is all up-to-date. it works fine in its own software.

Also we have a cheapo usb webcam, logitek. this works fine.

what is a WDM driver?

any help would be great
aaevans

Postby MagWeb » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi,

I didn´t find your cam, but all products I opened,
included the sentence:

"Standard drivers like Direct Show (WDM), Active X and TWAIN"

So I assume yours will also do.

Might there be another running process that uses the cam and/or a viewer window?. (e. G. I get such problems if a special screenshot progr. is active)

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby hal » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi aaevans and/or hglab,

WDM (Windows Driver Model) are a kind of drivers for Microsoft software.
They are created for driving common bus driver like ISA/PNP, PCI, SCSI, USB and FireWire.

But I think that your camera have it... probably the problem is another.

Have you Vista on your pc? maybe a problem with WDF (Windows Driver Foundations), the new standard of Microsoft drivers... :roll:

Please, more infos about your message error and your hardware specifications. More data to analyze, more possibilities to find a solution.

Mattia
PC: DELL Alienware 17, Intel I7-4710MQ, 32 Gb Ram, AMD Radeon R9 M290X 4GB.
SO: Win 8.1 64Bit.
CAMs: USB 3.0 CMOS B/N (1280x960, 60 fps).
LENS: 12 mm.
PROJECTOR: DAVID SLS1 ACER K11.
hal

Postby scanneruser » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:35 am

Hello,

I just recently purchased a ueye camera 1545LE-M and I can't connect to the DAVID-Laserscanner. I installed 3.30 drivers and I'm running vista. This camera says that it supports WDM

I was able to get a little further by using the manufacturers software to initialize the camera before running David's software. Now I get the following error:

Could not add Video Capture Filter to the graph

I'm suspecting this camera is not fully compliant with windows.

Best regards,

ScannerUser
scanneruser

My Camer gives error in DAVID

Postby Viper714 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 am

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and trying to get DAVID working with my PC Camera.

I have a Philips SPC900NC PC Camera Click Here

Every time I start DAVID it gives me an error "Could not connect the filters". I am using the trial version first.

All I have loaded is the Drivers for the camera. I used Skype as a test app to see my image and it works. I closed Skype down and have the same issue. The camera have a Application called VLounge which I installed and verified its operation. Still no luck in DAVID. I uninstalled the app to potentially eliminate that from the mix.

Philips does indeed have Vista drivers and I installed the new ones from the web and not the CD. Device Manager does show the camera as operating normally.

Appreciate any help on this issue!! Would like to see how this software works and look at moving to the next level!!!
Regards,

Viper
Viper714

Postby MagWeb » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:30 am

Hi,

the SPC 900 does great jobs Bongobat uses that cam. So it should work on Vista.....

Did you install Microsoft ".Net framework 2.0 (or higher)"?

good night

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby Viper714 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:42 am

MagWeb wrote:Hi,

the SPC 900 does great jobs Bongobat uses that cam. So it should work on Vista.....

Did you install Microsoft ".Net framework 2.0 (or higher)"?

good night

Gunter

Yes, according to DetectDotNet I have version 2.0.50727. I'll try to contact Bongobat as well. But if anyone else has some ideas I appreciate the help!!!

BTW, I am running Vista 64 bit!!!!
Regards,

Viper
Viper714

Postby Viper714 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 am

I think the issue is that I am running Vista 64 and the drivers that I have may not be totally compatible with Vista 64. I ran the program on my xp laptop with the camera and had zero issues.

If anyone found a way to resolve this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!
Regards,

Viper
Viper714

Postby Viper714 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:58 am

All,

I believe the issue I was experiencing is that I am using Vista 64 bit and the drivers for my camera is not playing well with DAVID laserscanner. Even though the camera works well in other applications without any issues.

SOLUTION:
I created a VM (XP 32 bit) using Virtual PC 2007 from Microsoft which is Free. Unfortunately, Virtual PC does not allow USB devices. So, I tried VMware Player, but it does not allow you to create a VM because it is not allowed in the VMware Player(Free). However, VMware does support a large amount of USB devices.

Thankfully VMware player will allow you to import Virtual PC format (.vmc) data and use it on the fly without conversion.

So, in a round about way I was able to get it working. I use DAVID Scanner in Windows XP 32 bit with the camera (Virtual Machine), then transfer the data to work in Vista 64 bit (base machine). Kinda of a run around , but I prefer a Vista 64 bit system and did not what to mess with a dual boot system.

Hope this helps others when trying to get this working. Now I have to get a better laser line generator. The Laser level I have from Strait-line is not satisfactory. I understand a green laser is better than a red one.
Regards,

Viper
Viper714

Postby RAYA » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:37 am

Hi ALL

I have a canon A470 and want to use it with DAVID , DAVID detect my philips video capture card but give filter error (could not connect the filters) so which capture card is compatible with DAVID to use it without error (compatible video capture card list) ?

As you know finding ccd webcam is difficult but finding ccd digital camera or video camera is more easier and ccd chipset is more light sensetive also.

We can also find some cheap second hand ilink (1394) ccd video camera in market easily which have good fps (high speed) and easy focusing.

Another option with digital camera is continuous still image shooting and converting all the images to AVI to using in DAVID.

Recording is another choice but all prefer real time scanning.

RAYA
RAYA

Re: DAVID does not connect to my camera

Postby Koala » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:49 am

Hi there,

Did anyone finally succeed to use an ueye camera with David ? I boought a 2230-M with WDM drivers, but i also have the following message :
"Could not add video capture filter to the graph" . If anyone has an idea ...
Koala

Return to Camera Calibration