Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

can not calibrate for 2 camera with david 5.0

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

can not calibrate for 2 camera with david 5.0

Postby cuongtran » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:49 pm

hello there!
i've been trying to calibrate 2 camera with david 5.0 but can not.my camera are usb 2.0 pixelink e533 3mp.
the first problem is the resolution of 2 camera differrent.i can not make a change on the camera format.and the camera properties dont show up.for example :1 is 1600x1200 and the other is 2048x1536px.due to the differrent solution and framerate,i can not calibrate (differrent solution will effect to the distance between the calibration to the camera and projector).2 camera can show up good
the second problem is after i change the other camera so that 2 camera got the same solution.1 camera show up good but the other camera is not good.some time it show up and some time don't show up.both camera can not change the camera format and camera properties.
all the function on camera properties are hide (exposure,brightness,gamma....)
does anyone know what is the problem and how can i fix that problem
cuongtran

Re: can not calibrate for 2 camera with david 5.0

Postby drndadoo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:22 am

Hi cuongtran,

are you using the latest version of the DAVID 5.0.3? If not please do so.
In DAVID5 on the right side of the GUI are preview windows for both cams. If you put your mouse pointer over them, settings button will appear. You can try to change your setting there.
Watch out on the angle btw. cam and calibration panel, panels should be clearly visible to both cams, and 6 circles should be in focus.
drndadoo
DAVID Support

Return to Camera Calibration