Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Help with Logitech C615??

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Help with Logitech C615??

Postby Guinness » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm

I'm having some difficulty getting any laser scans at all, but I was OK the first time I tried with my laptop's cam and a cheap red laser, so I know it's not technique. Exposure, Gain, Brightness, Contrast, color Intensity, and White balance are in the advanced settings, and I've been using the free David-3 software.. I'm just starting to get used to it, but if no one can help with David-3, I'll load David-4 and give it a go.. I use a 75 watt soft white bulb on a clamp light hooked up to a dimmer switch.. but I can change to any other type of light bulb or even a new fixture.. I'd prefer to use standard screw type bulbs, but I do have a few decent florescent fixtures left over from a kitchen remodel, I think they are T-9 circular bulbs, 22 and 32 watt. The dimmer switch really comes in handy though, making it simpler to reduce the light for the laser after everything's aligned..
Let's keep it simple, 100% is all the way to the right, and 1% all the way to the left..
E = Exposure
G = Gain
B = Brightness
C = Contrast
I = Color Intensity
W = White balance
If any other Logitech webcams have these same adjustments, it should work with mine too.
Guinness

Return to Camera Calibration