Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

[Solved] I don't understand something in the manual

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

[Solved] I don't understand something in the manual

Postby mlogan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:34 am

Hi,
In the manual for the David SLS scanner it shows the 120mm scale on the calibration panel being measured and the user putting in the value 104mm.
Why is this.
I think I am missing something.
regards
Mike Logan
mlogan

Re: I don't understand something in the manual

Postby sts » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 am

Hi!

If you are using the delivered DAVID SLS calibration panel, you simple take the value from the panel and set it as "Calibr. Scale mm".

This range is the distance between the midpoint of five dots on the calibration panel (As you can see the thin line below the value).

In the manual (and Wiki) you see the 104 would be on a custom panel where two dots have a distance from one point to the other is 26mm. If you look closer to the ruler on the picture, there is no value, there is the word "scale", so its a custom panel.

sts
sts

Re: I don't understand something in the manual

Postby mlogan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 am

Aha! Thankyou for clarifying this.
regards
Mike Logan
mlogan

Return to Camera Calibration