[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Calibration Panel - left and right inner point
Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Calibration Panel - left and right inner point

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Re: Calibration Panel - left and right inner point

Postby Vito » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:42 pm

Vito

Postby pottersfriend » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:37 pm

It's hard to tell from your pictures but to me it looks almost as if your panels aren't meeting up together further down (see red).
Attachments
Panel Gap.jpg
Panel Gap.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
pottersfriend

Postby micr0 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:28 am

µ
micr0

Postby micr0 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:51 am

I may stand corrected. In the advanced settings there is a check box to turn on compensation for an offset panel and below that an input box to compensate for one panel being rotated relative to the other. Both offer a warning of distorted calibration results FWIW.

µ
µ
micr0

Postby Vito » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Vito

Postby Vito » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:40 am

Ok I found out that the "toggle visibility of panel" is present only in David v3, and I verified that my panel is out of whack (see pics). Could someone tell me how to fix it?
Attachments
Untitled2 (1024x653).jpg
Untitled (1024x546).jpg
Untitled3 (1024x549).jpg
Vito

Postby Jokeri » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Just for the fun of it, could you calibrate and scan the panels with david v3 and see how it turns out?
Jokeri

Postby Vito » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Vito

Postby pottersfriend » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 am

I don't have, nor have I seen, a David panel so I don't know how it should go together but I do have an idea to check. Again, your pictures make it hard to see, but something looks off. To me it looks like the panel on the left has its dots farther away then the one on the right. You could measure from the intersection to check if they are different or the same. If they are different then I would suggest to butt the panels up to each other rather than having them meet at their interesting edges (as you have them in your pictures). I attached picture to hopefully show you what I mean. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Panel Help 1.png
Panel Help 1.png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 5071 times

Panel Help 2.png
Panel Help 2.png (6.96 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
pottersfriend

Postby Vito » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:44 am

Vito

Previous

Return to Camera Calibration