[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Build huge calibration panels for body scans
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Build huge calibration panels for body scans

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Build huge calibration panels for body scans

Postby milz » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm

heho

since yesterday i own David3 and a projector. after 3 years experience with David2
and laser i´m very impressed from David3 64bit.
runs really fast ... much better and faster fusion .... nice work -))
For a job i need to build a Bodyscanner.
First step
Build huge panels -)
cal_panels1.jpg

next step build a array of 6 scanners for really fast 360° scanning.
Whats the better btw faster solution?
Trigger the cam and projector with a arduino and save the pictures to the cam
or better use David.
any suggestion from the david guru´s ?-)

mfg milz
Xeon x5650@4ghz
Cam : USB2 CCD 1024x768 / USB3 1280x900
Laser : LC532-5-3-F(16x65) Focusable Green
Projector Acer X110P / Acer K132
dControl one David control box + Turntable + automatic texture lights
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Re: Build huge calibration panels for body scans

Postby WalterMo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:03 am

Hi,
That's an interesting but not easy to solve task. Have you already speculated how to arrange the setup? E.g.:
Six short throw projectors and cameras mounted á 60°? Each turned by 90° to better use its format.
And the person, I think free standing (for minimum 6 seconds).
You will need 6 DAVIDs. On 6 PCs? I mean because of the hardware connections of cam and projector. What about the „firing“ of the projectors and capturing the camera frames? Unfortunately it must be made in series and cannot be made in parallel not to disturb each other.
So many questions.

Walter
WalterMo

Postby milz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 am

hi Walther

thx for your suggestions, tips -)
Im not sure which cam i will use. So there are servals ways to trigger.
simple by the trigger input from the industry cams.
another solution for dslr or camcorder are IR trigger.
My sony cam is triggered by LANC and a arduino.

I think about a room around 10-12 diameter. 6 laptops/scanner around.
a pose stand in the middle of the room with 2 holding tubes.

my first idea was to move the scanner around the person but thats to slow
btw build a moving rig cost the same as 6 scanner.

syncronize the scan are not so difficault. I will write a little tool in c#
which will trigger the scan process via lan. The scan will be saved to a
network hdd at the main pc.

i have many requests about body scans so it makes sense to build an
array.

I start to build the huge panels now.
after this i will check my cams. 5D, Sony CX730 and the 1024x768 CCD
and see where i got the best results. the 5D is a money nogo for 6 scanner -)

Here is a cheap part to trigger most DSLR cams with remote IR.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... on&x=0&y=0

my scan rig .. same as laser. i love my alu system pipes.
scanner-rig1.jpg

scanner-rig2.jpg

mfg milz
Xeon x5650@4ghz
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Postby milz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:23 am

after 8h crawling on the ground my 1,80m panels are ready
180xpanels3.jpg

180xpanels2.jpg

180xpanels1.jpg
Xeon x5650@4ghz
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Postby milz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:27 pm

not 100% finshed but it looks like that it will work -)
180xpanels5.jpg
Xeon x5650@4ghz
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Postby milz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm

First test -) the panels works but i need a 10-12mm lens for my CCD cam.
first_test.jpg
Xeon x5650@4ghz
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Postby milz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 pm

no probands to scan -)
still wavy but i think it´s the same game as with the laser.
finding the right balance between lense apature, cam exposure and brightness of the line
sl-test21.jpg
Xeon x5650@4ghz
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Postby milz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm

used my adruino scan box to send a delayed start comannd to David and scanned myself -)
still wavyyyyy and not really highres. guess i need a better fitting lens for my cam.
bodys2.jpg
Xeon x5650@4ghz
mooooom bathroom!!!!!!
milz

Postby stecma » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi, wonderful panel, i need one :-)
Otto Grunf
stecma

Postby umbalkos » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 pm

I am very interested in seeing how this array of cameras and projectors works. I was thinking of a similar idea for scanning different body parts fast as well as efficiently. Keep up the work and post more results.

Stefan
umbalkos

Return to Camera Calibration