Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

if the corner be larger ,like 100degree,scan will be Narrow?

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

if the corner be larger ,like 100degree,scan will be Narrow?

Postby interactneo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 am

today ,when I use the DAVID to shapefusion,suddenly think if the calibration degree is not 90,but 100.what happen?
the scan is larger than original object size or smaller?
interactneo

Re: if the corner be larger ,like 100degree,scan will be Nar

Postby WalterMo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:44 am

I think the size is the same.
But the scans will be distorted. That means if you align several single scans you will notice that they do not fit to each other.

I don't know if you have the possibility to „tell“ DAVID in the Advanced Settings that your corner is 100° and not 90°.
WalterMo

Postby interactneo » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 am

yes , I dont use advance setting tell DAVID the degree is not 90,I just want to know if the corner is not right 90 degree.what happen? in my viewpoint ,I think the scan is distorted,but what distort?
it is narrow ?or fat?in my point ,the tall size is not distorted,but the horizontal direction must be longer or shorter,so the scan must be fatter or more narrow.
interactneo

Postby Alyx » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm

your acquired models will have good view from camera viewpoint but if you rotate them, you can see that geometry will is totaly screwed
Acer i7 3610qm GF GT650M 2gb 16gb ram
Alyx

Return to Camera Calibration