Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

compact camera's

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

compact camera's

Postby moog » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:02 am

I'm thinking of geting a new compact digial camera, and i was wondering if there is something out there that could be used with david, that could out perfom my logitech 9001.
(which I'm very hppy with)
I know the canon EOS can give good results, but is there any of the point and shoots that would work ok?
Thanks...
LC532-5-3-F(16x65), BenQ PB8220 DLP Projector, logitec quickcam PRO9001, Casio EX-FH20
moog

Re: compact camera's

Postby Christian_Mendez » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

hi moog,

A good question. In fact, I was curious enough to do some research and I recall someone mentioned "extra webcam" somewhere in the depths of our beloved forum :)
Anyway...you´ll find a list of compatible cameres at

http://extrawebcam.com/

On second thought - you´ll need the ability to manually set the exposure time and aperture of the camera. I have´nt tried extrawebcam myself but I thought this
would be a good start for you... :wink:

cheers
www.greyscale3di.com "if it ain´t movin´, we can scan it!"
Christian_Mendez

Re: compact camera's

Postby moog » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks for that...
LC532-5-3-F(16x65), BenQ PB8220 DLP Projector, logitec quickcam PRO9001, Casio EX-FH20
moog

Return to Camera Calibration