Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Setting of camera settings

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Setting of camera settings

Postby AlexNoir » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:30 pm

HAllo!

Now I've got my original Version of the DAVID Software and begin to work. But there is a hard problem. Everytime when I change the Window (CameraCalibration, Structured Light, Texturing) the CameraSetting goes back in a very important point: I need to flip the picture horizontal to use the programm. But I've to change this setting everytime! So I couldn't use the automatical function to grab the texture, because the photo flip back to the wrong setting!

The procedure after CameraCalibration:

1. Flip to horizontal setting again (how during the calibration)
2. Take the scan
3. Change to Texture and flip to the horizontal setting again(!)
4. Grab the texture
5. Add to list
6. Back to Structured light and have to flip again to the horizental setting.... again again again

when I use the point to grab the texture automaticly during/after the scan there come a window with the information, that I've changed the setting into horizental flip and the texturing failed.

Could you help me with my problem to fix the setting in every window and to work more effective?

Thanks,

Alex
AlexNoir

Re: Setting of camera settings

Postby WalterMo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Alex, what camera do you use? And what DAVID version?
WalterMo

Postby AlexNoir » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Hello WalterMo,

my Camera is a industrial Camera from ABS Jena a UK1275-0-C (http://kamera.abs-jena.de/produkte/kame ... 75_de.html) - yes they've a CMOS Sensor - but the quality is really good.

And my David Vision should be the newest one, because I've build the Stick last week and got him yesterday. On the begin of the first use I've downloaded the new version 3.4. I thought that the problem with the setting is a problem in the testprogram from the homepage - but they isn't :(

Thanks for help!

Alex
AlexNoir

Postby WalterMo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Sorry to say:
Not all cameras fit perfectly to DAVID. Maybe one of the Administrators has an idea.
WalterMo

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Alex,
It seems your camera's DirectShow properties interface has a bug.
Please go to Advanced Settings -> Camera -> Properties and disable the two "Enable..." functions. Then DAVID will not change ANY settings.
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Camera Calibration