Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Video Grabber?

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Video Grabber?

Postby rrh » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:02 am

I've been trying to use Video Grabber.

Is it failing silently because of some video format issue or is there something I'm missing from the process?

1) I select "video grabber" from Hardware setup.
2) it makes me browse for the video I want to grab, so I pick one and click Open
3) I get no error messages that I see, like it failed to open the file, but I don't get any messages that it was successful, either
4) I go to Camera Calibration and pick V3 pattern, which I was using
5) I click the Calibrate button but it doesn't really do anything except blink red
6) I go to the 3D Laser Scanning but everything is disabled and there's a message that says "The Camera has to be selected and calibrated before scanning!"

Is there anywhere with a nice tutorial on Video Grabber so I can confirm I'm doing it right, and/or a list of acceptable video codecs?
rrh

Re: Video Grabber?

Postby CliveB » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi rrh,

What video format are you using? I have found that my video needs to be avi format. If for some reason your video is in another format you can convert it to avi using the free program " any video converter " http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/

cliveb
CliveB

Re: Video Grabber?

Postby rrh » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:43 pm

It is an avi, currently just the format output by the camera. But my understanding is an avi file can have different types of codec, so what sort of codec or compression settings should I have?
rrh

Return to Camera Calibration