[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Camera calibration in V2 vs V3
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Camera calibration in V2 vs V3

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Camera calibration in V2 vs V3

Postby Stefano » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Hi all, I am a newbie, just purchased the starter kit and beginning to experiment, so first of all excuse me for maybe being a little naive.
To better introduce myself, I have a long experience into CAD-CAM systems applied to industry, apart owning a quite large selfbuilt 4axis milling machine.
I work in a well illuminated place, almost a photo studio, lots of lights options, with white walls and no electronic noise.
Here we are: I am totally baffled by the different behaviour of the calibration between the older and newer software versions.
I managed, after the usual initial painfully steep learning curve, to calibrate the V2 for various conditions in a repeteable way, ready to scan (that's another story).
When I revert to V3 without changing any variable the calibration is impossible, no matter how hard I try.
As a matter of fact the calibration success in V3 is very casual and random.
I cannot explain this to myself.
Also the fact that the Quickcam 9000 Pro at 1600x1200 resolution is allowed to 10 fps max in V2 and only to 5 fps in V3 is not very clear to me. I guess this changes the settings but I cannot understand why.
I am totally stuck since I cannot proceed to SL scanning, which is the main scope of my DLS purchase.
Any help?
Cheers.
Stefano
Stefano

Re: Camera calibration in V2 vs V3

Postby WalterMo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:20 am

Hi,

To solve your problem we need more information. Maybe a screen dump of the camera image during calibration. What Logitech drivers are you using? Please have a look to Sven's post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2271

But even if you have the latest drivers a camera calibration should be easily possible.

Walter

PS. You told: "I work in a well illuminated place, almost a photo studio, lots of lights options, with white walls and no electronic noise."
How do you know that there isn't electronic noise? Was this ascertained by a electrosmog measurement?

Edit: Regarding the frame rate:
For SL it's necessary/better to use the uncompressed frame capturing. That's the reason why the frame rate is dropped for the Pro9000.
If you select "Classic DAVID Setup" or "Motorized DAVID Setup" in the Hardware Setup section, you will see that the frame rate isn't dropped and like in V2. If it isn't automatically increased over SL then you can do it manually by clicking on the marked symbol. Now the well known Logitech camera settings open.
Attachments
Pro9000 fps.jpg
DAVID displays 10 fps, but only 5 fps is set.
WalterMo

Postby Stefano » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you for the reply, I will double check following you advice.

PS: about electonic noise: I live in a isolated place, no overhead powerlines, no cell phone towers nearby (no signal), no wifi, the studio is in a basement with solid wall on one side and earth (rock) on the remaing three sides, no windows, just one door (wood), thick reinforced concrete ceiling, and the only apparel that is on when I work at DLS in the whole place is the PC that I am working with (plus the lights obviously).
Stefano

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Camera Calibration