Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Calibration to another Spacequarter

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Calibration to another Spacequarter

Postby MagWeb » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Hello Davidians,

now there is a version, allowing to remove the background filter. Playing with, I found it possible to calibrate David at the quarter were X and Z are equal zero both ( simply using the negative values). But I crashed trying to learn David to detect from the sides (the quarters were X (or Z) is positive and Z (orX) is negative). I´m quite shure that I put in the right values... but the best result I could get was a twisted or mirrored object in the oposite quarter I calibrated to.... ( I tried flipping and twisting patterns and values - all what might be of some logic and even nonsence...)

Has anybody some idea why... or just a solution?

Why? 4 scans+4calibrations+rotation around the origin in 4 steps+ one cam looking through a window = right data that should fit together....would be worth a try...

By the way scanning the empty corner with removed filter is a realy nice tool to check corner- and calibprecision.

Gunter
MagWeb

Return to Camera Calibration