[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Calibration pattern in vector graphic format
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Calibration pattern in vector graphic format

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Calibration pattern in vector graphic format

Postby anar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:16 am

First of all thank you for making DAVID available !
I've been working with commercial 3d digitizer for a while and have allways plan to build my own.
I have tried many freeware solution found on the web and think that DAVID is the most intuitive/easy to use/accurate/inexpensive/hardware independent. GREAT JOB !

My question now :
DAVID comes with a calibration pattern either in .pdf or .cdr format.
After a few search I found out that .cdr is a Corel Draw vector extension file but I'm unable to exploit it (do not own CorelDraw).
Do you know if .cdr file can be converted in other vector graphic format ?
If not, do you plan to release the calibration pattern in other vector graphic format (EPS, DXF) ?
The point is that I would like to print the pattern at a larger scale than A3 while keeping accuracy. I could just make the image bigger using a 2D image program, but wonder if I will not loose too much accuracy this way.
I would prefer to use a Vector graphic format for that purpose.

Best regards.
anar

Postby Tomorru » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi,

a good solution is if you just download and install Gimp. It is freeware and you can convert, manipulated and do what ever you want to do with nearly every format. Gimp is the best alternative to Adobe Photoshop and Corel Draw. Handling is equal to what you know in Photoshop.

Here the link to Gimp .

Tomorru
--
The components have no significance except as they contribute to a functioning whole.
Tomorru

Postby anar » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:29 pm

Thank you for the answer.
In fact I realised earlier that my question is stupid because the pdf format you provide can be opened any size without pixelating (vector).

After a all day testing, I think DAVID needs a quite big pattern compared to the scanned object but I have printed only the 30mm A4 sheet for now.

I will redo all my tests with the 60mm A3 one when I will have it printed and will compare my results.

I then plan to compare my best DAVID scanned data with the one obtained from a professional 3D digitizer in order to have an estimation of the accuracy of my system (especially the accuracy in Z).
anar

Postby Simon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:54 pm

Hello anar,
We are very curious to see the outcome of your comparison.
So long!
Simon
Simon
DAVID Developer

Return to Camera Calibration