Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Micro Patterns?

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Re: Micro Patterns?

Postby Optimist » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Tried to finish ... in good light all the marks are hit .... unfortunately also further black parts of frame or edges of the Aluminum angle.... will mask the pattern and spray all that thingy in white!!

Unfortunately I'm not able to get the cam that close to the pattern ... without loosing the focus ... would be estimated 2cm ... will see what I can get out of this experiment!!

Hansjoerg
Attachments
Microcorner.jpg
Optimist

Postby WalterMo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Good job!
Simply put a convex lens in front of the camera lens and you will be able to focus closer. The lens diameter shouldn't be too big because you need space for the laser beam.
Best is, if the lens is replaceable, to use a telephoto lens. In so doing the distance camera to corner is big enough for a panning laser beam. For such a case I am usung a 16mm CS mount lens at my modified Pro9000:
http://www.pollin.de/shop/t/MTE2OTA5OTk ... ktive.html

Walter
WalterMo

Postby Optimist » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Good idea!! I see this lenses and ... they are rather effortable!

Today I got my David license and the laser liner ... trying the first scans with the kitchen timer I was wondering should I disengage the Autofocus after a first adjustment ( the controlling process always causes warps in the surface) and the other thing - I always have spikes and reflection artefacts on the edges ... is this a result of too reflective surfaces ( crayton spray would help) ... How wide is your ( visible /diffused laserline? Or how narrow are you able to focus .... I think the red one I have is not able to go narrow enough to scan such small items....
Optimist

Postby WalterMo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:25 am

Yes, disable all automatic functions of the camera, also RightLight. Set saturation and sharpness to zero.
Start scanning with an object that has a dull and bright surface. The camera only has to see the laser line on the object and the walls, but nothing like here (Sept 7th, third image):
viewtopic.php?f=6&p=18864#p18864
Means the brightness and/or the exposure time must be reduced!

Regarding the laser line width:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=300

Regarding the minimal distance laser to object: About 17cm for my red LC650-5-3-F(14x45).
WalterMo

Previous

Return to Camera Calibration