Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Pro version does not calibrate

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Pro version does not calibrate

Postby sjaak » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Hello,

After a while I started again with 3D scanning with david laserscanner.
I have a pro version 2.4.3, but the problem with this one is that calibration always fails..
Just to test, I also downloaded a trial version 2.6.1 and here it works perfectly.

In pro, I don't see the 2 green stripes in the middle of the screen on the up- and downside, and I also don't see the red X's.

In the trial version I do see this and I think that's why it does calibrate well there...

Does anyone know a solution?

Greets
sjaak

Re: Pro version does not calibrate

Postby MagWeb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi,

simple solution:
Update your stick!

follow this way: http://www.david-laserscanner.com/wiki/ ... update_usb

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby sjaak » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks, but no can do..
I installed it a long time ago and I have no clue where the USB stick is.. just have my david laserscanner folder on the computer and that's it :S
The alternative way does not work either, it says your license is too old
sjaak

Postby MagWeb » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi again,

sorry I got you wrong.

There are two versions of DAVID licensing:

A: Download, create a keynumber on the very last page of the software and send it to DAVID, this number describes your machine. Using this number the DAVID team creates a license.dat file that is send to you. It will do its job as long as you do not change your machine (or new installation of your Windows). This should work only on this machine if it is copied and pasted to your DAVID directory.
If you bought a license for DAVID 2.0 this license (.dat ) should work when you´re still on the same machine. If you´ve changed your machine contact DAVID support. A license for DAVID 1.0 does not work with DAVID 2.0 any more. Ask for an upgrade in that case.

B: Since DAVID 2.0 DAVID Vision Systems offers a USB version too. This comes including a license file that is "dongled" to this Stick. You can not use this license when you transfer it to your HD. The advantage of this version is, that you do not need to have two licenses when you do your scans on a laptop and do the Shapefusion work on a powerfull machine back at home.

Gunter
MagWeb

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi sjaak,
Updating from 2.x to 2.y is free and should work without problems. Please send me your license.dat file by e-mail to s.molkenstruck@... so I can take a look.
Thanks
Sven
Sven
DAVID Developer

Return to Camera Calibration