[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4807: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4810: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4811: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3904)
DAVID-Laserscanner Forum • View topic - Why is my cailbration failing?
Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Why is my cailbration failing?

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Why is my cailbration failing?

Postby karlkohl » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Attachments
cal.jpg
karlkohl

Re: Why is my cailbration failing?

Postby MagWeb » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi,

maybe DAVID detects the small pieces of outside-corner areas (bottom center, bottom and top left ) as being markers ? You could try the masking funktion of the eraser tool or move the cam a bit closer to the corner.

Enabling debugger (advanced settings) gives some further information to enlight your problem.

Maybe I´m wrong, but it seems the right-side pattern is fixed a bit lower?

Gunter
Edit: manual mode does not work on V3 patterns.
MagWeb

Postby karlkohl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 am

karlkohl

Postby karlkohl » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 am

Well I finally got the calibration right with the eraser masking tool to mask out all the unwanted spots.
Don't know what was going wrong yesterday, but even without the masking tool the calibration is successful, I can see the calibration cross hairs of the left sheet are slightly off target, could this cause trouble during the scanning process?

However after calibration I get the error of laser line too weak and not in plane, I get some object points however its of the partial object.
I am doing structured light scanning here, and have a projector of 1024 x 768 DLP.
Am I doing something wrong here.
karlkohl

Postby eliscio » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:33 am

From the original image you posted, I would guess that the small visible edge outside the calibration area was causing you the problem. It's happened to me many times and I just place the calibration panels close enough so that I don't see any edges at all.

As for the laser line being too weak, you need to go into the camera settings when you are in the scan settings and just adjust the exposure, gain, brightness and such until you get a nice solid line on the panels. I also usually place the object in the camera's view and just get a preview of what the line will look like. Try to get a high contrast line with dark background and little to nothing visible of the object being scanned (well, that's my technique anyway). A lot of DLS is in the camera settings and if you play with it enough, you will see how you can really change the resulting scan just by changing the exposure, gain and brightness.

Hope that helps a big...

Cheers,

Eugene
www.ai2-3d.com
eliscio

Return to Camera Calibration