Dear DAVID Community,

In 2016, DAVID and this forum have been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum has been read-only since then, and will be switched off by then end of 2019.

To everyone who has contributed here, we thank you for all your work and for the constructive, helpful and friendly atmosphere you have created!
Please continue to discuss on the HP Support Forums.

Calibration Page layout

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Calibration Page layout

Postby hvegar » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:48 pm

Hello, I will like to have a more detail description of the calibration page, I was making one in Autocad to be printed on a plotter in order to use bigger models, but, the proportion of the distances of the circles to the union of the pages is not clear ( Y axis )

Thanks in advance.
hvegar

Postby Tomorru » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi,

have a try on using a normal copy machine. Or just use a photoediting program like Gimp or Adobe Photoshop for scaling the calibration image to any size you want. On the calibration image there is a line, which is scaled as well. Just do some measurements to that line and fill in the correct resolution in the calibration phase.

That'll do.

Tomorru
--
The components have no significance except as they contribute to a functioning whole.
Tomorru

Postby hvegar » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi, what I did, and do for capturing and scaling drawings is scan the page, insert this on a cad file and then draw over it, is a digital proces similar to what you do on paper and pencil, all is ok, except the distance to the borders in the folding union, I dont see a relation or proportion, if it exists...
hvegar

Postby Tomorru » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi,

for what purpose did you do this? Just for scaling the calibration image to larger than A3? I did that myself. I created a calibration image to fit a human beeing. All I needed to do that was the Calibpoints_Scale60_DIN_A3.cdr. It is digital, because it is allready a computer file.

I don't see the point why you first printed out the cal-image in DIN A4 than scanned it, making an image again an converting it to a autocad-format for scaling it.
You do not have to recreated the circles and dots by hand. Even not with a CAD-program.
So what's your point in doing that?

Tomorru
--
The components have no significance except as they contribute to a functioning whole.
Tomorru

coordinates of calibration points

Postby Simon » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:54 pm

Hello hvegar,
the coordinates of all calibration points are listed in the text file "Calibpoints.dat" that comes with DAVID. You can open it with each text editor. More precisely the file contains x-, y-, z-coordinates of all points with respect to the coordinate system (see the printout).
Simon
DAVID Developer

Postby hvegar » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:48 pm

Ok, it is clear now.

Thanks.
hvegar

Return to Camera Calibration