Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

Large robust calibration bords

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

Large robust calibration bords

Postby otuquan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Hello, I would like to have a large robust calibration board.
My idea was somehow to be printed on plastic
what about the diffusion of laser light on plastic, there's a plastic that diffuses the laser beam is not so strong
There are other materials which are suitable?
The boards should have a minimum of a1 per board.
Someone has to produce something like this before?

Thanks Wieland
otuquan

Re: Large robust calibration bords

Postby WalterMo » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Hello Wieland,
The problem of such a big corner is its weight and its torsional rigidity. Best would be to use a honeycombed construction as it's often used for optic table plates in labs.
You can use a plastic plate on the front side, but behind it you need a framework for the stability.
Have you seen this topic?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1361&p=8621

Walter
WalterMo

Re: Large robust calibration bords

Postby funtasma » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 am

I like to work with lighter material like Kapa sandwich sheets, made of a hard foam and paper board on either side. or even aluminium. Since you get it in a selfadhesive version as well (Kapa fix) a large format print of the calibration patern can be easily applied.

-Benjamin-
funtasma

Return to Camera Calibration