Dear DAVID Community,

As you are probably aware, the entire DAVID company, team and product range has been integrated into HP Inc.
This forum is now read-only. Relevant content has been migrated to HP and merged into HP's Support Forums on November 1, 2016.

To start new discussions for 3D Scanning, please register and post your new topic at the HP Support Forums

spacing of calibration sheets

The place for questions, problems, comments and tips regarding the camera calibration.

spacing of calibration sheets

Postby sourkraut » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:59 am

Hi,
First off, thanks to everyone for the wonderful software!!

I am trying to scan a peice that does not fit inside the corner when using the 2 A4 calibration sheets. I do not have access to a printer that can print A1 either.
So I found pictures of setups where the calibration sheets have been moves away from the corner center.
I have set my corner up now with the edge of both sheets at 150mm from the corner center. I get a "calibration successful" but when scanning I get "laser too weak". The laser should not be the problem because I had really good results when I had both calibration sheets in the corner center. Another thing is when I get "calibration successful" the red x's are not on the black dots. They are in a random line pattern across the middle with green lines intersecting the black dots.
What settings do I have to change so that the program knows that the calibration sheets are not in the corner center?

Thanks!
sourkraut

Re: spacing of calibration sheets

Postby MagWeb » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:42 am

Hi, welcome

you´ve to modify he values in the calibpoints.dat file with a window setup.

http://www.david-laserscanner.com/forum/download/file.php?id=164&mode=view
simply add the value B to all the values that are not equal zero;
You can open the calibpoints.dat file, which is in your DAVID folder, using the normal WINDOWS EDITOR.

Gunter
MagWeb

Re: spacing of calibration sheets

Postby BJ64 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Just a hint - back-up you calibpoints file before you go changing it.

You can always get a fresh one from the David site I suppose, but it's easier to resort to the backup once you've had a fiddle...

Just a thought,

BJ :)
BJ64

Return to Camera Calibration